Wednesday, May 11, 2011

W.W.W.W.W.

WE WANT WHAT WE WANT can mean I, me, or myself.  Something that "we" want, "we" feel like "we" have to have it.  Everyone can be selfish, it's who we are or have made ourselves become.  Jesus' desire for His BODY is to be selfless but we sometimes are inadequate of that knowledge. "We" can always be swayed which makes us very weak or powerless of something that we "want". Jesus asked us to be a unity, ONE BODY, to live life through him.  We don't usually think about that in our daily lives.  We go about our day and whatever happens happens... forget about evening services, use foul language, actions that don't show Jesus to others.  We do those things because "We Want What We Want".

Two Sunday's ago our preacher did a sermon that made me think about all of this and I would like to share some of the notes we made during service:

1. Goal
His Note: Attitudes we should have about becoming a unity: Humility, Patience, Gentleness, Forebearing (Ephesians 4:2)
My Thoughts: I think that we should be all of the attitudes listed above, but I know that a lot of the time no one feels this way.  I can honestly say that I have very little patience and I personally need to work on it.  There's always room for improvement and time to ask God to help you.

2. We will we do as the body?

1. His Note: We will demonstrate oneness through His presence lived out in our midst. (John 14:16 & 20)
My Thoughts: We all need to live though his presence.  I have trouble doing that because I do what I want to do and I don't think about the say W.W.J.D. (What Would Jesus Do?) and I know that I need to work on that.

2. His Note: We will be a witness to the world. (John 17:21b, 23b)
My Thoughts: Being a witness to the world is one tough thing to do.  It is always easier said then done. Now I'm trying to think of something that I can do to be a witness for God! :)

3. His Note: We will reflect His glory! (John 17:22)
My Thoughts: Reflecting His glory?  I know I am no perfect Christian and I know I try everyday but don't you think it's a lot to ask from God to reflect something that's His?  I shouldn't even question what He asks us to do, but I don't even know where to begin to reflect His glory.  I guess I'll figure it out soon.


I hope that you can take this lesson I learned and take it to heart.  I may be confused but maybe you aren't about reflecting His glory.  Leave a comment to express your thoughts with me :).

1 comment:

  1. "Seek and ye shall find"
    That's the best place to start in discovering what God wants from you. This is simply done through prayer. Ask Him to lead you, guide you, use you. He will!!!!!
    Love you!!!!
    mom

    ReplyDelete