Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Starting of a new me.

So first off my name is Ashley Butler and I am a college student who is trying to figure out the concept of living on her own. My first semester I tried to work on finding friends more than my education. That was my first mistake! Then I got into the wrong group of friends, I went to parties (didn't drink-- well at first), hung out all the time with them and soon enough I became a drinker. Did I care? Of course not! I fit in, felt confident, and just simply important. I mean who doesn't want to feel like that? Soon after I started drinking I got caught in my dorm by my RA. Yes, stupid of me to come back here but I didn't know what I was thinking at the time. It doesn't matter about the popularity, the as called "fun" they were having, or how important I was-- really all the matters is that you find the place that makes you happy but in a setting that you KNOW 100% that you are safe. Don't make the mistake that I made, not about coming back to your dorm, house, apartment, etc.--Don't make the mistake of falling into peer pressure of something you stand strong for. I sure didn't think I would start drinking but look what happened.

I stopped, yes, because I got caught but I think it was God's blessing that I did. It was the Lord telling me this is a warning. Looking back I'm not sure why I didn't and I don't think I regret it either, mainly because it made me stronger in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment