Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Break...

I guess I was to say first off that my Christmas Break was more than exciting, it was exhilarating! I got to go home for a month to see my family, friends, and hometown. I had great things and disappointing things that happened to me while I was at home. From best friends "ditching" me to best friends making my day! My family to me is the best well put together family I could have ever asked for... Being a daddy's girl, mom taking me shopping, and having my brother as a role model for me. I'm not sure what I would do without my brother to be honest. I'm saying this because I want God to know that I am thanking him and to reinforce myself that I don't have it that bad. Even though I think my life is nothing most the time I know that deep down it is a great thing to have.

Now you're probably wondering what happened to me over break about my best friend who ditched me. Well she technically didn't ditch me, she just didn't tell me she couldn't come over. My best friend, Stephanie, and her boyfriend, Reid, came over to my house to wait on my other best friend from ACU to arrive at my house. About 30 minutes goes by and still no sign of her. Finally I call her about 15 times that day, and still no answer. My mind just went to the automatic worse thing that could ever happen, she got into a car wreck. Well she finally texted me on Sunday to let me know that she was incredibly sorry and told me that her sister went to the hospital that night and she didn't want to talk to anyone else.
That being the long story short, I have realized that your true friend wouldn't just blow you off even for that reason. For me, I felt like she should have at least told me the next day...

Just know, life goes on but most importantly find the right friends that you are the happiest with.

No comments:

Post a Comment