Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day: Earthly and Heavenly Father

Last night as I bury my head in my pillow crying, I ask God to help me through this rough patch in my life.  I began to look for answers as to why I felt so upset and found myself looking at my nightstand that holds books I had read from school and bible classes.  After a few glances at them I realized that God was telling me that there was something in those books that I needed to read.

[Around the middle of March I had moved back home, quit my job, and lost a lot of friends.  If it were up to me at that moment in time I would have chosen to like my job, my living environment would be up to my standards, and I would have a bunch of friends that were loyal to me.]  After all of this I felt as if I had very little left in my life... so I thought.  When I moved back I began to feel lonely and hopeless about what I was suppose to do with my life.  As I read these books it kept talking about men and relationships and guarding your heart and I was just so confused.  I thought to myself why would God want me to be reading these books... maybe I misunderstood what God wanted me to read.  I closed the book and looked at the cover and then it hit me, "Captivating"!  The feeling of loneliness was gone, I felt loved and captivated by Him.  Like a little girl with no worries of the world, I felt peace with myself.

Looking back at about 3 months ago now, I wouldn't have changed a thing.  Although I am living with my parents (which is a big step back for me and where I was in my life for 8 months) I am very blessed to have them to help me live my life in the best and healthiest way possible.  Not only am I blessed for having a loving family but I have an eternal love from God that makes me feel captivated by Him daily.

With that I say happy Father's Day to my earthly father, Scott Butler, and my heavenly Father!  You comfort me daily and provide the knowledge to get me through my daily walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment